Tuesday

001

January 6, 2009 :: Starting Over

On January 1, 2008, Audrey and I started northern and southern constitutional as a walking/blogging/photography experiment. Boy, did we have grand ambitions, too. A post a day, a walk a day, a photo a day. I think it lasted about two months before Audrey irritated an old injury and stopped walking, and I started posting once every 20-some days (if I was lucky).

It's time for a change.

In August of 2007, I became a grown-up; specifically through the purchase of 675 square feet of Fulton County, Georgia. It seems strange, now that I think of it, that I could put down money for something that I love so much. Since then, Blake and I have made the little house a home, but haphazardly, mostly by the simple accumulation of musical equipment, random grime and the shimmery patina of Ollie's bulldog spit.

It's time for a change here too.

2009 is the year of the house, and SouthernConstitutional will be the place I document what we do here--how we live inside the plaster walls, what changes here and how it changes us, the thrilling rollercoaster of Benjamin Moore paint numbers and hammers and spackle, and probably a fair amount of calls for advice. I hope you stick with me here.

But First: I have to admit that the "new year" as it were really won't (and can't, there simply aren't enough hours in the day) start until after January 11, 2009. Because until then there's going to be a lot of distracting work and fun and oh yeah, I get to re-marry Mr. Rainey on stage at the EARL on January 11.

Don't worry, that'll make it here too.

Until then - Happy New year. It's going to be a great one.

No comments: