Wednesday

040

February 20, 2008 :: Pith is a fantastic word.

Other words I like:
  • curmudgeon
  • heliotrope
  • ranunculus
  • TEE-vee (the way Blake says TV)
  • Marylebone
  • juju
Sometimes words stick in my head while I go about my daily business. My head turns them over and over, repeating them rhythmically until I become conscious of it and break the cycle. It seems to happen more often when I'm walking or riding the train though - repetitive activities bring out a need for my brain to wear out words or song lyrics until they are washed clean of all meaning.

This morning, it was something Blake wrote: "Feet stick to the floor, the sound it makes is the same as the freezer door which holds our vodka...you've got the pains again." Tomorrow, it'll be something completely different.

2 comments:

Audrey Brown said...

Fabulous entries, clever words, beautiful pictures! All this and more, coming to a box office near you in "Kendra: The Movie".

Hiya. Hope to hop back on the bandwagon soon...keep rocking.

By the way, if I used internet slang, which I don't...I would say that the "Stuff White People Like" site had me "rotfl". But I only use acronyms...so it's cool.

Kendra said...

OMG me 2!