Saturday

019

Jan 19, 2008 :: "Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy-Claus lied, "There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side..."

Lazing around while watching heavy, fat snowflakes splash into the sidewalk, watching movies, roasting turkey and sweet potatoes, and snuggling on the couch for an entire day is my idea of heaven. Today then, we were there.

Jane and I braved the very blustery winter day this morning, and I have a whole bunch from this set that include various shots of "white stuff on a black dog," but I thought the one above was more interesting. (So did she. She shook snow everywhere every 2 minutes.) This bizarre little display is on Kirkwood Avenue, around the corner from my house. It's always there, its flocking fading to a smog-brown in the acrid Atlanta air. But today, one day out of 2 possible during the year, it was appropriate.

No comments: